Community Support is Vital
Women’s House Serving Bruce & Grey is a non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services and Ministry of the Attorney General. It was founded in 1985. However, in order to continue to operate all of our services we will need to fundraise approximately $150,000 each year. We need the support of the community in order to do this.
Women and children are counting on us as they flee from abusive situations in their own homes and look for safe shelter and counselling services. In many cases, lives are saved by the critical intervention provided by our shelter. Statistics show that of all the women murdered in Canada, 62% were killed by their partners. In communities where there are shelters, this rate is less.
In 2018-19, we provided services to 810 women and 219 children, and telephone support (either through one of our support lines or through one of our many counsellors) on 8,649 occasions.
How You Can Help
- $48 provides one hour of counselling to a woman or child
- $138 provides one night of safe shelter, counselling and referrals for a woman or child at Women’s House
- Note: Tax receipts will be issued as per the Revenue Canada charitable receipting guidelines. Please consider making a bequest in your Will. Another method of providing support is through “In Memorium” Gifts. When a loved one dies, honor their memory by requesting donations to Women’s House Serving Bruce and Grey in lieu of flowers. In-Kind Donations of Goods or Services can be arranged by calling the Transition Program at 1-519-396-9814, ext.226 to discuss and arrange a drop-off time. Please check out our shelter wish list for current needs.
A Gift of Life Insurance.
You name Women’s House as beneficiary in your will. As you pay the premiums, you receive an annual tax receipt for the total amount paid.
Other Planned Giving Methods.
Talk to your lawyer, insurance agent or financial planner for details on how to touch the lives of abused women and their children in need.
Your Donation Supports the Following:
- Safe, temporary shelter for women and children
- Our 24 hour support lines
- Community Counselling throughout Bruce & Grey Counties, including Kincardine, Hanover, Port Elgin, Walkerton, Southampton, Durham, Paisley, Mildmay, Markdale, Meaford & Owen Sound
- Public education around the issue of violence against women to promote social change
- Support Groups for women
Please send your donation to the following address:
- Women’s House
- P.O. Box 760
- Kincardine, ON
- N2Z 2Z4
- BN# 10810-4464-RR0001 – Tax receipts will be issued
OR donate online here
If you wish to see a specific list of items on our Wish List, please go here