In partnership with the Women’s House Serving Bruce and Grey, Bruce County’s Business to Bruce is proud to host Navigating Change: How to find opportunity in adversity — an International Women’s Day online event on Monday, March 8, 2021 from 6 to 8 p.m. Join Samra Zafar, bestselling author, speaker, educator for mental health and human rights, as she shares her life journey of finding strength in adversity, comfort with uncertainty and new opportunities during change. Learn lessons you can apply to your own life right away.
“Our power doesn’t lie in being in control. It lies in being true to ourselves and surrendering to the alignment life brings, with the faith that it is happening FOR us, not TO us.” – Samra Zafar.
Although this event is at no cost, please consider making a donation to the Women’s House Serving Bruce & Grey when registering.
Prior to the event, an online auction will run March 1 to 8. Auction items purchased from local businesses were graciously donated by sponsors of the Women’s House. All auction proceeds will go directly to Women’s House.
“Women’s House is very thankful for the generosity of our sponsors and proud to be a part of this initiative in support of our local businesses that have struggled during these difficult times,” comments Michelle Lamont, Community and Fund Development Coordinator for Women’s House.
Nuclear Promise X (NPX), Women’s House sponsor, is hosting the online auction and will display all donated auction items for viewing in their downtown Kincardine office window prior to the auction going live on March 1. To access the online auction, stay tuned to the Women’s House Facebook page. Auction bidding will close just prior to the event and winning bids will be announced during the event.
During the event, Women’s House will also announce the recipients of the annual Women’s House Serving Bruce & Grey Woman of Distinction award and the Young Woman of Distinction award, with an added special award this year – the Inspiring Woman of Distinction award, presented posthumously to the recipient’s family. Nominations are being accepted until February 15 at 4 p.m. Learn more and nominate a worthy recipient at whsbg.on.ca.
Key Dates and Details:
- Women of Distinction nominations will be accepted until Feb. 15th at 4pm
- Feb22-29 – Sneak Peek of auction items on social media, or check them out in NPX’s downtown Kincardine window now, so you know what you want to bid on!
- Mar1-8 (until noon) – Auction is LIVE!
- Mar 8 – International Women’s Day celebration event from 6-8pm
- Registration link is now open: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/womens-house-serving-bruce-grey/events/international-womens-day-celebration .
- Some local restaurants are providing specials items for you to enjoy while you celebrate International Women’s Day with us – check with your favourite restaurants to see what they’re offering! #supportlocal